YMCA PIRATES SWIM TEAM
The Family YMCA of Black Hawk County Pirates work to improve and develop the swimming technique of all participants in an atmosphere of fun. We want to encourage our swimmers to have as much fun as possible in the water, while challenging themselves to become more competitive swimmers.
To educate our swimmers about the dedication required to become an athlete, we encourage good nutrition, healthy exercise, and proper recovery.
We challenge our swimmers to become great team leaders in and out of the water by incorporating the core values of the YMCA – Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
2020-21 Pirates Swim Season
Never participated in swim team before? Not sure if it’s right for you? Contact our Head Coach – Emily Vest – at firstname.lastname@example.org, Assistant Team Coach – Megan Yasuda – at email@example.com, or the Aquatics Director – Taylor Hulsing – at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
For more team specific information, meet results, important announcements and more – visit www.teamunify.com/iabhy
2020 Treasure Rush Triathalon
Members of the Blackhawk Pirate’s Swim Team joined together to swim, run and bike to collect scholarships for our first Treasure Rush Triathlon event. This year there are expenses that fall outside of the range of our normal operating income. All proceeds will be used for new equipment for the swim team and our facility to make sure we are in top shape for both our swimmers and patrons. Learn More
Swim Team 2020-2021
- At this time, we plan on offering swim team in the Fall unless otherwise told we are not allowed to.
- Registration will open September 1. First day of practice will be the week of October 12th due to our pool window renovation.
- Parents meeting will be Thursday, October 1 starting at 6:30pm in the gym. Everyone will be social distancing while keeping masks on. We are encouraging parents only to attend, however, we understand if you need to bring your children along.
- To access important documents such as our parent handbook, COVID protocol, and much more, please click here.
Registration Process 2020-2021
- Remember, in order to participate in swim team, you MUST have a full membership. You can either set that up online or stop into the Y to have the front desk staff help you.
- Swimmers must be full members of the YMCA 30 days prior to their first YMCA competition and 90 days prior to the 1st sanctioned YMCA event.
- Click here to register
|Swim Team Dates: October 2020 – March 2021|
Swimmers will use lanes 1-4.
|Swim Team Rates|
|1 Swimmer||$52 per month|
|2 Swimmers||$47 per month per child|
|3 Swimmers||$42 per month per child|
|4 + Swimmers||$37 per month per child|
COVID-19 Swim Team Updates
Saturday, November 14th- Virtual Meet at home. Start time: 10:00am
Saturday, November 21st – Wellmark YMCA
Saturday, December 5th – Dubuque
Saturday, December 12th – MACR (Cedar Rapids) (NO Spectators Allowed)
Saturday, December 19th – Marshalltown
Saturday, January 9th – Dubuque
Saturday, January 16th – Marshalltown
Sunday, February 6th- Virtual Meet @ Home
2019/2020: Congrats to Lucy Parson for being the state champion in the 50 breast and 100 breast and Joseph Blasen for being the state champion in the 100 breast!
VOLUNTEERING is a rewarding experience and helps ensure the team achieves its goal of providing a quality, competitive swimming program for children, young adults and adults in the Cedar Valley area. If you’re interested in volunteer opportunities, we encourage you to contact Assistant Coach Megan Yasuda for more information.