Interested in being a camp staffer?
Daily Schedule SAMPLE
7:00-9:00 Drop Off
9:00-9:30 Opening Activities
9:30-9:50 Family Groups
11:00-11:30 Family Groups
12:00-12:20 Low active
12:30-2:30 Rotations & Water Play
3:30-5:00 Pick Up
A message from our Summer Youth Development Staff:
Lately, there has been an increase in protocols that may make this summer a bit different. Masks, extra cleaning, and social distancing are all standard practices that we have observed since offering Emergency COVID 19 Child Care in late March. Know that all of our changes are to maintain the health of your child and our members. Please take a moment to read about important policies our participants need to know.
Thank you for spending the Summer of 2021 with us. Stay Healthy.
-The Youth Development Staff
BEFORE YOU BRING YOUR CHILD TO THE Y, PLEASE CONSIDER:
If you have been contacted by the Department of Health to notify you of exposure to COVID-19 OR you or anyone in your household are showing symptoms of; fever, cough, shortness of breath, or not feeling well please do not attend for at least 72 hours after symptoms stop.
FACE MASKS are a must
The staff and children in our care have been wearing face masks while inside (preschool and older only). Kids have adjusted really well to this and most find it to be comfortable once they get used to it. We believe this is an important safety measure to keep staff and children safe and prevent potential contagion. Mask procedures will be as follows:
Procedures will be as follows:
- Masks will be worn by children and staff
- Masks will not be worn while eating,
playing outside, or napping
- The mask will be handed out at sign in
and returned to staff at check out.
- YMCA Staff will wash all masks
so they are clean each day.
We will continue this practice into the summer and appreciate your cooperation. Kids do not have to wear masks while participating in group activities outside, while eating, or during rest time.
Health and Safety Protocols
We will continue to do our part to minimize risk exposure and take extra precautions to maintain a safe and healthy environment. We are closely following child care safety guidelines in the era of COVID-19 from the Department of Human Services and being responsive in our program.
Our current protocol is as follows:
- Dedicated staff working on frequent sanitation of spaces
- Limiting group sizes to 12 children and 1-3 staff.
- Eliminating crossover between groups of kids
- Temperature checks for all kids and staff
- Curbside drop-off and pick-up
Front Door Drop Off & Pick up
Drop Off – Protocol will include:
- Staff signing the child(ren) in.
- Staff will use a no-touch forehead thermometer to take the temperature of
every child and assess the child for signs of illness.
- Child(ren) will receive their laundered mask.
- Upon arrival, children will disinfect with hand sanitizer
Pick Up – Protocol will include:
- Parents will be greeted by staff who will take your name, check your ID, and
call to have your child brought to the front.