Thank you for your interest in working with our team at the Y! At the Y, we have a variety of positions where you can serve others, gain leadership experience, and work in a culture that cares. Positions include youth development program assistants and leads, lifeguards and swim instructors, wellness instructors and personal trainers, youth sports coaches, and member services associates.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
The Y values and respects diversity and chooses to be inclusive through its acceptance of all individuals regardless of race, age, gender, religion, ability, cultural identity, or sexual orientation. This includes asserting that individuals, without exception, are intrinsically valuable. Our Y is committed to:
- Welcoming all individuals in its programs and facilities.
- Developing programs that respond to the needs of its membership, participants and community.
- Utilizing hiring and employment practices that are free of bias.
- Hiring and maintaining a diverse staff and corps of volunteers.
- Maintaining a safe environment that is free of acts of discrimination or harassment against any individual.
Apply online: YMCA APPLICATION 2021 or submit your resume and three references to:
669 South Hackett Road, Waterloo, IA 50701
For questions please call: 319-233-3531