At the Y, we work each day to make a meaningful difference in the life of everyone with a YMCA membership who walks through our doors. With a focus on nurturing the potential of children and teens, improving the health and wellness of individuals, and giving back to our neighbors, our cause is to strengthen the community.
Adult: Anyone over the age of 18 who is not a full-time student.
Youth to 18: We have restrictions in the fitness center for youth under 5th grade. Students under 5th grade are not allowed to use the fitness center.
Family Memberships: A family is defined as two legally married individuals and all dependent children under the age of 19 or full-time college students under the age of 23. Dependents must appear on the parent's tax return.
College: Full-time students taking 12 or more hours of classes. Students must provide a copy of their college ID and class schedule.
65 & Better: Membership for people ages 65 and older.
- YMCA memberships are valid for one year from the day of purchase.
- You may pay for the full year or have your fee deducted monthly through auto-checking.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing before the 15th of the current month to stop membership payments for the next month.
- All new members pay an activation fee. This fee will not be charged again unless your membership lapses for more than 30 days.
- Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable to another person.
- Please bring your membership card each time you use the YMCA.
- Your membership fee covers the cost of member services.
- Other community service work, member and program scholarships are supported through donations to the Annual Campaign, grants, and the Cedar Valley United Way.
Adult 65 & Better
Family 65 & Better
Financial Assistance: Financial assistance is granted to qualifying individuals. Money raised through the YMCA Annual Campaign and special events help the YMCA provide membership and program scholarships. Contact a YMCA program director for more information on financial assistance.
Program Registration: Registration for programs is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Online registration is now available at www.blackhawkymca.org under the Grundy Center tab. You may also register at the YMCA Fitness Center. Payment is due at the time of registration.
Program Refund/Cancellation Policy: The YMCA reserves the right to cancel classes due to lack of participation. If the YMCA cancels a class, a full credit will be issued to the participant. If a participant cancels after the first class, credit will be given minus a $4 service charge. During inclement weather, the YMCA may cancel classes. Listen to local TV and radio stations for facility closings and changed hours of operation.
Non-members may purchase a day pass:
Ages 18 & up/day: $5
Ages 18 & up/week: $10
Non-GCHS student/day: $3
Non-GCHS student/month: $10
Identification must be presented with the purchase of a day pass.
5:00am - 9:00pm
(closes at 8:00pm on Friday)
7:00 AM-12:00 PM