Y Volunteers Ensure a Brighter Future
The Y is a cause for strengthening communities, committed every day to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. When you volunteer at the Y, you take an active role in bringing about meaningful and enduring change right in your own neighborhood. Y volunteers help people learn, grow and thrive.
Join us—we could use someone like you.
Do you want to help make a difference in the lives of others in Black Hawk County? Do you like sharing your experiences and the Y with others? Then volunteer with the Y! By becoming a Y volunteer, you will become part of the Y’s dedicated effort to strengthen communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Volunteers make a difference in the community, and they have a great time as well!
- Lead our Board of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Have a special skill? Come teach a class to benefit children and/or adults.
- Spend time supporting kids in one of our youth programs (Child Development Center, school-age care, summer camp, Summer Learning Academy)
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more and live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact our community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
To volunteer, fill out an application by stopping at the Welcome Desk or download the Volunteer Application here and email it to Mikayla at firstname.lastname@example.org. All program volunteers are subject to a background check.