Six Reasons Why Your Kid Should Attend Y Camp
Summer camp with the Family YMCA of Black Hawk County offers a fun and unique experience that give children and teens the opportunity to have their Best Summer Ever™, by meeting new friends, exploring nature, discovering new interests, being physically active and creating memories that last a lifetime.
Check out these six reasons why your kid should attend our summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences, and exploring. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen. This summer we will be partnering with community organizations such as Kids in the Kitchen and Green Iowa Americorps to bring adventure into our own community.
- HEALTHY FUN: Our camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth are encouraged to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, canoeing and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories and instill camp traditions that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share.
- CARING SUMMER COUNSELORS: We hired some of the most experienced staff who have previous professional experience in the child and youth services field. Our summer camp team will foster an environment that will promote our 4 core values: Honesty, Care, Respect and Responsibility.
To learn more about our Summer Camp, visit https://www.blackhawkymca.org/youth-development/camp/ or join us at our Y Day Camp Meet and Greet Sunday, May 20th from 1-3 pm.