PHASE 3 REOPENING:
We are moving forward, together.
Thank you for helping us reopen our facility and reactivate key programs in the safest manner possible. With your safety as our priority, we will continue to follow guidance from health experts and local officials to determine our progressive measures, and to ensure our facility meets the highest standards for hygiene and safety. Thank you for your continued support – we are better together!
Our Big 4 – Key strategies to maintain our healthy environment.
- Member Pre-screening: If you or someone in your household is ill, please do not come to the facility. If you or someone in your household has come into contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19, please do not come into the facility. Assessing your health will help keep everyone in the building safe.
- Masks: Please continue to use a mask in any of our general areas, including; the welcome desk, lobby, down-stairs lobby, locker rooms, upstairs restrooms, or when coming in direct contact with another person while in our facility.
- Social Distancing: When using our facility, we ask that you stay at least 6 ft from staff or another member. We will continue to furlough machines to enforce this policy. At this time, we have furloughed our coffee lounge and some seating. We will continue to limit certain access until such time as social distancing is no longer required.
- Sanitizing: As always, we ask members to be responsible and respectful when using our facility. Please wipe down equipment. When using our locker rooms, sanitize the showers and surfaces that you use with the provided cleaning products. (There is bleach spray in the locker rooms and equipment wipes are located in the wellness and weight rooms.
Your safety is our number one priority.
We’re following guidance from the State of Iowa, health experts, and local officials to determine the safest way to serve everyone in our community. We are doing everything possible to ensure our facility meets the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe social distancing practices. We ALL have a vital role to play in maintaining a healthy environment in our Y. Please review these guidelines carefully.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VISITING
- Staff will use a no-touch forehead thermometer to take the temperature of every staff and member and assess for signs of illness. Any member or staff who registers a temperature of 100.4 or more will not be allowed into the Y.
- Please scan your ID Card or present identification to the welcome desk.
- Sanitize your hands and loose items with provided hand sanitizer at the Welcome Desk.
FACILITY & CAPACITY GUIDELINES
In accordance with Governor Reynolds proclamation, our capacity restrictions have been lifted, but we are still mandated to ensure social distancing in our facility.
PHASE 3 GUIDELINES & KEY TAKEAWAYS
- If you have not already done so, adult members will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Waiver of Liability upon entering the Y on your first visit back. Youth members age 12-17 without a parent must bring a signed COVID-19 Waiver of Liability before entering the facility.
- Patrons with individual or family members, 12+ years old, are allowed to use our facility unsupervised. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. No guest pass, day pass, or nationwide membership allowed at this time.
- Family leisure swimming will open on 6.29.2020. We ask that families practice social distancing when sharing a lane with another family. Lap swimming and water walking capacity limitations of 2 members per lane will remain in effect to preserve social distancing.
Newly open areas:
- Leisure swimming as of 6.29.2020
- Bath towel service as of 6.29.20
- Laundry service as of 6.29.20
- Aquatics Center (including spa) – see hours below
- Wellness Center
- Weight Room
- Gym (limited use; must bring own basketball and pickleball balls/racquets)
- Racquetball Courts (must bring own balls/racquets)
- Locker Rooms
- Group Exercise (new schedule available July 6th which will include water class)
Soon to open areas (anticipated re-opening, July 6, 2020):
- Kids Adventure Center (reservation sign-up will be required)
- Coffee Bar (coffee will be available for members to take with them after their visit)
- Water Aerobics Class
- Social lounge
- Steam room
- Monday-Thursday: 5am-8pm
- Friday: 5am-7pm
- Saturday: 7am-4pm
- Sunday: 12-4pm
Aquatics Center/Spa hours (lap swimming, water walking, family leisure swimming):
- Monday & Wednesday: 5-8am, 10am-1pm, 3:30pm-7:30pm
- Tuesday & Thursday: 5-8am, 10am-1pm, 3:30pm-7pm (spa open from 1:15-2:45pm beginning July 7th)
- Friday: 5-8am, 10am-1pm, 3:30-6:30pm
- Saturday: 7-10am, 12-3:30pm
- Sunday: 12-3:30pm
SAFETY & SANITATION MEASURES
- Access to wellness and exercise equipment will be limited to uphold social distancing guidelines.
- Locker rooms will be sanitized by staff twice daily.
- Fit Plus locker rooms closed for cleaning — 9:15-9:40am & 2:15-2:40pm
- General locker rooms closed for cleaning — 10:15-10:40am & 3:45pm-4:05pm
- Specific doors will be left open to prevent unnecessary touching and increase ventilation.
- Staff will conduct regular cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and equipment throughout the day.
- Increased signage throughout the building will indicate our 4 strategies to maintain our healthy environment; pre-screening, social distancing, masks, and sanitizing.
- Staff will wear masks at all times except when alone in their personal offices.
- All members are required to clean ALL equipment BEFORE and AFTER use.
- Members must wear a mask in shared and crossover spaces, including the lobby, restrooms, and hallways.
- Members who utilize showers and locker room changing areas are asked to spray down shower area and knobs with bleach/water solution (provided in spray pumps in shower area), as well sink counters and knobs, bench (if used to sit on), and locker handle. Handheld bleach/water solution spray bottles provided in each locker room.
Thank you for your cooperation in our efforts to maintain a safe environment for all our members, our staff, and the children in our child care program.
If you still have questions not answered in this communication, please contact
Angie Widner, Chief Executive Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.