REOPENING – PHASE TWO
5/28/2020: We will be starting group exercise classes on Monday, June 1st. Please reserve your slot – classes are limited to 8 participants or less at this time – Group Exercise: June 2020.
Please review our newest protocol: For-Members-YMCA-Phase-2-Reopening-What-to-Expect.pdf
LOCKER ROOM AND POOL REOPENING
5/21/2020: Effective May 22nd, 2020, the FIT PLUS locker rooms can be used for showering for all members ages 16 and up. On May 26th at 12:00 PM, the pool will be available for lap swim (5 lanes) and water walking (1 lane).
Please register for use in advance: RESERVATION SCHEDULER
WELCOMING YOU BACK
5/14/2020: Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds announced the lifting of some business closures enacted as part of the state’s corona virus mitigation effort. We are pleased to announce the Family YMCA of Black Hawk County will reopen on a limited basis, beginning Monday, May 18th at 12:00 PM.
NEW WELCOME PROCEDURES TO EXPECT
Click here for a PDF of this page: YMCA-Phase-1-Reopening-What-to-Expect.pdf
Welcome back to the Y
We missed you! It’s been hard to be away from the people we care about but thank you for persevering and doing your part to stay safe. We’ve been carefully planning to reopen our facilities and reactivate key programs in the safest manner possible so you can access the services and support you miss and need the most. The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community.
Your safety is our number one priority
We’re following guidance from health experts and local officials to determine the safest way to serve everyone in our community. We’re doing everything possible to ensure our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe social distancing practices.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VISITING
1. Adult members will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Waiver upon entering your first time back at the Y. Youth members age 16-17 without a parent must bring a signed COVID-19 Waiver before entering the facility: YMCA-COVID-19-Waiver-of-Liability.pdf
2. Family YMCA of Black Hawk County members only allowed. No guest pass, day pass or nationwide membership available.
3. Courtesy towel service will not be provided.
Areas Open in Phase 1:
- Gym – Limited Activity/Schedule
- Racquetball Courts
- Wellness Center
- Weight Room
Areas Closed in Phase 1:
- Pools, Spas & Hot Tub
- Adult Locker Rooms & Showers
- Youth Locker Rooms & Showers
- Kids Adventure Center
- Coffee Area
PHASE 1 REOPENING GUIDELINES
- Building Hours will be: Monday-Friday 5am-7pm; Saturday 7am-4pm; Sunday 12-4pm
- Adult members will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Waiver upon entering your first time back at the Y. Youth members age 16-17 without a parent must bring a signed COVID-19 Waiver before entering the facility.
- Family YMCA of Black Hawk County members only allowed. No guest pass, day pass or nationwide membership available.
- Members should bring their Y key tag and self-scan at the Welcome Desk.
- Visit THIS form to sign up for time slots
- Building areas will have a capacity limit and clearly marked areas that will be accessible to members.
- Access to wellness and exercise equipment will be limited to every-other machine to maximize physical distancing.
- Internal doors will be left open to prevent unnecessary touching and increase ventilation.
- Staff will conduct regular cleaning & disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and equipment throughout the day.
- We have added hand sanitizing stations and are requiring all members to clean ALL equipment BEFORE and AFTER use.
- Increased signage throughout the building to indicate directional flow, encourage social distancing, handwashing and promote cleaning efforts.
- Members are encouraged to wear cloth masks when it is not possible to social distance while inside the facility.
- Coffee service will not be provided.
- Courtesy towel service will not be provided.
Building areas will have a capacity limit and clearly marked areas that will be accessible to members as
● Wellness Center (capacity limit to 10 at a time)
● Weight Room (capacity limit to 4 at a time)
● Gym (capacity limit to 2 per half court) – no pick-up basketball games; designated times will be
provided for pickle-ball (2 per each side of court) and free shooting (2 per half court) – must
bring own balls and rackets
● Racquetball Courts – Limit 2 per court – must bring own balls and rackets
● Track (capacity limit to 4 at a time)
Please sign up for time slots for various areas so members can plan accordingly for their
workout time and we can ensure capacity limits are followed.
Please review all of the information provided here, as well as the other resources provided in this document. If you still have other questions not answered in our communications, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Welcome Desk at 319-233-3531.
THANK YOU for supporting our efforts as we work to combat this pandemic together. The Y is so much more than just a fitness facility, pool or place to workout. We are a community, and we will do everything we can to move past this historical event to better serve you and your family.
May 21st, 2020
OUR YMCA FITNESS CENTER IS CLOSED
This facility closure is in accordance with Governor Reynolds proclamation as to a State of Public Health Disaster Emergency which includes the closings of all fitness centers. We continue to check with local officials and the Emergency Management team for re-opening conversations and will keep you updated as we hear more. Thank you and #StayWithUs!
Let’s keep you moving:
We believe movement is at the core of what it means to feel healthy, to feel alive, to engage in the human experience. We believe every step, jump, or lap puts people on the path toward a more active, and fulfilling life. Whether that means an afternoon walk, an invigorating dance class, or a heart-pounding set of squats, movement is vitally important. In fact, it’s so important that we’ve made it our mission to Get People Moving.
Welcome to a special preview of the YMCA’s “on-demand” healthy living network. It’s your favorite classes, our top instructors, and the Y community, now available at home, on the road, 24/7 and 360 degrees. Welcome to healthy living for all. Welcome to YMCA 360.
There is something for everyone from high intensity interval training designed to improve strength and fitness fast, dance fitness workouts, the martial arts inspired BODYCOMBAT Invincible program through to mindfulness practices to slow the stream of thoughts that can cause our stress. The BORN TO MOVE children’s workouts will get everyone from 4 to 16 years moving, and our post-partum series will help new mothers get back to exercise safely. Please join us in these amazing videos.
MOSSA gives you the highest quality workouts anytime, anywhere. With decades of experience developing professional fitness programs, MOSSA’s team delivers workouts that guarantee results for everyone from brand new exercisers to serious athletes.