ADULT SWIM LESSONS
It’s NEVER too late to learn how to swim or to perfect your swimming skills! From beginner to advanced our trained instructors will tailor instruction to meet your needs. New swimmers will focus on basic skills development. Advanced swimmers will further development by working on stroke refinement and endurance.
How to get started!
- Refer to our Swim Assessment Questionnaire to help us understand your current skill level: Swim Assessment Questionnaire
- Complete the Private Swim Lesson request form at our Welcome Center OR contact Taylor Hulsing | P 319.233.3531 E firstname.lastname@example.org
Stage 1: Water Acclimation (Basic)
The adult level 1 lesson is designed for beginner swimmers who are looking to get comfortable in the water and learn more about water safety. The skills focused on are; back floating/front floating, balance and breathing control, gliding, kicking, and the front stroke. Safety in the water will be guided around treading water, special floats, and various other topics regarding safety around water that are typical of swim lessons.
Stage 2: Water Movement
The adult level 2 lesson is designed for intermediate level swimmers who can already swim comfortably on their fronts but are looking for help on techniques; including breathing/stamina and stroke development. This class will be covering the front stroke and back stroke along with various safety topics.
- Winter Swim Lessons: January 13 – March 7
- Lessons will occur Monday and Thursday evenings, Saturday mornings, and Sunday afternoons.
- Adult Rates – will meet twice a week for 4 weeks:
- Members: $33
- Program Members: $45
Private | Semi-private Lessons
Personalized instruction for any age. Complete the Private Swim Lesson registration request form at our Welcome Center and the Aquatics Director will contact you to register once an instructor has been assigned. Payment must be received at the time of registration. Registration includes 4, 6, 8, or 10 – 30 minute classes taught by one of our Y-USA trained swim instructors. Private lessons are assigned based on instructor availability. Participants may be added to a waiting list while an instructor is being assigned to them. *Cancellations or rescheduling must be made four hours prior to the start of the lesson or participants will be charged for that lesson.
4 Private Lessons
- Member | $80.00
- Program Member & Non-Member | $110.00
6 Private Lessons
- Member | $114.00
- Program Member & Non-Member | $156.00
8 Private Lessons
- Member | $144.00
- Program Member & Non-Member | $200.00
10 Private Lessons
- Member | 170.00
- Program Member & non-Member | 240.00
Semi-Private Lessons (2-3 immediate family members)
Semi-private swimming lessons must include two or three friends or family members. If two children of different families wish to take private lessons together, they must both pay the normal private lesson fee.
4 Semi-Private Lessons
- Member | $130.00
- Program Member & Non-Member | $160.00
6 Semi-Private Lessons
- Member | $186.00
- Program Member & Non-Member | $234.00
8 Semi-Private Lessons
- Member | $232.00
- Program Member & Non-Member | $304.00
10 Semi-Private Lessons
- Member | $280.00
- Program Member & Non-Member | $370.00
If you are interested in private swim lessons, please fill out a request form and drop it off at our welcome desk or email to our aquatics director at email@example.com. Private Swim Lesson Request Form