ELC: COVID-19 UPDATE
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We know these times are full of uncertainty in ways we have never experienced before. At the Y, we are continually monitoring the COVID-19 situation. The care and safety of your child(ren) is our TOP PRIORITY.
We do not know what the days ahead will bring. As of now, we will be open to care for your (child)ren tomorrow. We ask that you continually check for updates. We will post updates via Facebook, the Remind app, and through emails. For time-sensitive updates, we will also call families to provide essential updates.
In the meantime to ensure we do our part to minimize risk exposure and maintain a safe/healthy environment we are asking all Y Development staff to be diligent with following:
- Continue to review and implement mandatory DHS Health Safety Regulation Checklist. These regulations address hygiene and safety standards for licensed childcare programs like ours.
- Follow Opening/Closing Policy procedures, which include sanitation tasks and disinfection of toys, surfaces, etc.
In addition to our routine procedures, the Y will implement the following new procedures to provide extra protection and maintain a healthy environment in our program. What’s new?:
- Every two hours at minimum the Youth Development department will complete additional sanitation tasks including the disinfecting of surfaces, knobs, handles, etc.
- Children will use new paper cups for water for each use (no reusing throughout the day), or must use their own water bottle/cup. Regular water bottles and cups will be cleaned a minimum of twice per day.
- We will remove all non-essential toys that cannot be sanitized with disinfectant spray. Dramatic play clothes and other soft toys will be washed daily.
We will remain vigilant in maintaining high standards for cleanliness, handwashing, and monitoring for illness during this time.
PLEASE HELP US MAINTAIN A HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT.
If your child or anyone in your household has flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath, please do not come to the Y and do not bring your child to the program. Two of our core values at the Y are caring and responsibility. It’s vital that we all do our part to honor those values at this time. What we do impacts others.
Angie Widner, Chief Executive Officer
FAMILY YMCA OF BLACK HAWK COUNTY
669 South Hackett Road Waterloo, IA 50701 P: 319-233-3531 www.blackhawkymca.org