COVID-19 EMERGENCY CHILDCARE
Emergency Childcare Available at the YMCA
The YMCA is continuing to support our community by providing childcare to those most in need. We ask that you consider if you qualify under our priority list and avoid taking a slot if you have alternate options.
Our priority list for care includes (in this order):
- Essential personnel, which includes healthcare providers, direct care staff (nursing homes, group agencies, etc.), government personnel essential to infrastructure (public safety, public health, child protection services), emergency responders and employees in food supply (grocery, restaurant).
- Single-parent households where alternating childcare responsibilities with another adult in the home is not available, and in the situation where the parent is continuing to work outside of the home.
- Families where both parents still HAVE to work outside of the home, and for which if they had to stay home, their job and income would be impacted.
We are urging everyone to use good judgment in assessing whether you meet these guidelines. If you are unsure if you fall under one of these priority categories, please contact email@example.com and share details of your situation and needs.
FOR GRUNDY FAMILIES: Please contact Katie Rasmussen at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about care at our Grundy branch.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
We will continue to do our part to minimize risk exposure and take extra precautions to maintain a safe and healthy environment by doing the following:
- Continued implementation of DHS Health Safety Regulation Checklist.
- Dedicated staff working on frequent sanitation of spaces, including surfaces, knobs, handles, etc.
- Limiting program spaces to no more than 10 people, including children and staff.
- Eliminating crossover between groups of kids; one group at a time to use shared spaces such as gym, indoor playground, outdoor playground etc., with disinfection of spaces between groups.
- Temperature checks for all kids and staff upon arrival at building.
- Curbside drop-off and pick-up to reduce traffic in building, including hand sanitizer for all staff and kids upon arrival, as well as disinfecting shoes.
- Staff are trained to give continual reminders to kids to keep their hands to themselves, and directing them to wash their hands if they see kids holding hands, touching each others’ faces, etc.
- Our staff are required to practice the highest levels of social distancing and other recommended guidelines during their time while not at work.
PLEASE HELP US MAINTAIN A HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT.
If your child or anyone in your household has flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath, please do not come to the Y and do not bring your child to the program. Two of our core values at the Y are caring and responsibility. It’s vital that we all do our part to honor those values at this time. What we do impacts others.
Black Hawk Location:
Emergency Care for ages 6wks-24mo: https://bit.ly/covidYcarebaby
Emergency Care for ages 2yo-5yo: https://bit.ly/covidYcare2to5
Emergency Care for Elementary aged:https://bit.ly/covidYcarekto5
Emergency Care for Elementary Aged: bit.ly/covidYcareGrundy
Available slots available on a first come, first serve basis. If you are an essential personnel, please note we are reserving additional spots especially for you. If you find the registration full, please contact us directly at email@example.com.