Keeping you informed: COVID-19 Update
We are following the proclamation of Governor Reynolds as of 12:00 AM, November 17, 2020
The safety and well-being of our members, staff, volunteers and the broader Cedar Valley community is our priority, now more than ever. Thank you for being part of the Y and for all you are doing to support the greater good as we all face this unprecedented health challenge.
We are following the proclamation of Governor Reynolds for our YMCA, and we will be establishing the following parameters to mitigate the increased spread of COVID-19 starting at 12:00 AM, November 17, 2020 until December 10, 2020 — including the following suspended activities:
- All Fitness and Group Exercise Classes
- Pirates Swim Team
- Youth and Adult Tae kwon do
- Swim Lessons
- Facility Rentals
- Kids Adventure Center
- Birthday Card Club
Your safety is our number one priority.
We’re following guidance from the State of Iowa, health experts, and local officials to determine the safest way to serve everyone in our community. We are doing everything possible to ensure our facility meets the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe social distancing practices. We ALL have a vital role to play in maintaining a healthy environment in our Y. Please review these guidelines carefully.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VISITING
CONTINUED MODIFIED CHECK-IN
- Have mask on before entering the building.
- Staff will use a no-touch forehead thermometer to take the temperature of every staff and member and assess for signs of illness. Any member or staff who registers a temperature of 100.4 or more will not be allowed into the Y.
- Please scan your ID Card or present identification to the welcome desk.
- Sanitize your hands and loose items with provided hand sanitizer at the Welcome Desk.
FACILITY & CAPACITY GUIDELINES
In accordance with Governor Reynolds proclamation, we will not be restricting capacity, but we are still mandated to ensure social distancing in our facility.
- Social lounge
- Steam room
- Monday-Thursday: 5 am-8 pm
- Friday: 5 am-7 pm
- Saturday: 7 am-4 pm
- Sunday: 12-4 pm
Aquatics Center/Spa hours (lap swimming, water walking, family leisure swimming):
- Monday – Friday: 5:00am-1:00pm & 3:30pm-7:30pm
- Saturday: 7am-3:30pm
- Sunday: 12-3:30pm
SAFETY & SANITATION MEASURES
- Access to wellness and exercise equipment will be limited to uphold social distancing guidelines.
- Locker rooms will be sanitized daily.
- Fit Plus locker rooms closed for cleaning — 2:00-2:30pm
- General locker rooms closed for cleaning — 2:30-3:00pm
- Specific doors will be left open to prevent unnecessary touching and increase ventilation.
- Staff will conduct regular cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and equipment throughout the day.
- Increased signage throughout the building will indicate our 4 strategies to maintain our healthy environment; pre-screening, social distancing, masks, and sanitizing.
- Staff will wear masks at all times except when alone in their personal offices.
- All members are required to clean ALL equipment BEFORE and AFTER use.
- Members must wear a mask in shared and crossover spaces, including the lobby, restrooms, and hallways.
- Members who utilize showers and locker room changing areas are asked to spray down shower area and knobs with bleach/water solution (provided in spray pumps in shower area), as well sink counters and knobs, bench (if used to sit on), and locker handle. Handheld bleach/water solution spray bottles provided in each locker room.
Thank you for your cooperation in our efforts to maintain a safe environment for all our members, our staff, and the children in our child care program.