UPDATE: Child Care Pick-Up and Drop-Off
TO: Early Learning Center and Spring Break Camp Parents/Guardians
FROM: Angie Widner, CEO
DATE: March 18, 2020
SUBJECT: New Drop-Off & Pick-Up Procedures, effective 3/19/2020
Dear Parents & Guardians,
We are continuing to respond to the growing issue of COVID-19. Effective, Thursday, March 19, 2020, we will institute the following procedures for morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up.
- Drop Off – We will have staff curbside at the Y to check your child in. Protocol will include:
- Staff signing the child(ren) in as to reduce the need for multiple people to handle our clipboards and pens.
- Staff will use a no-touch forehead thermometer to take the temperature of every child and assess the child for signs of illness. Staff temperatures will also be taken.
- Children will use hand sanitizer before entry into the building, followed by our normal hand washing procedure.
- Pick-Up – You will greeted by a designated staff member curbside who will take your name, check your ID, and call the program staff to have your child brought to the front.
We will continue to do our part to minimize risk exposure and maintain a safe/healthy environment we are asking all Y Development staff to be diligent with following:
- Implementation of DHS Health Safety Regulation Checklist, along with additional sanitation of spaces, including surfaces, knobs, handles, etc.
- Limiting program spaces to no more than 10 people, including children and staff.
PLEASE HELP US MAINTAIN A HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT.
If your child or anyone in your household has flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath, please do not come to the Y and do not bring your child to the program. Two of our core values at the Y are caring and responsibility. It’s vital that we all do our part to honor those values at this time. What we do impacts others.